Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tweeks on two classics

Hi all! Dinner was yummy, and I am happy to share the "recipes" As you can see, I was not really in a cooking mood, but always in the mood for cheese!

Polly's Grilled Cheese

2 slices of your favorite bread, I used Captain John Durst's Classic Sandwich
2 slices tomato, very well drained
1 slice procuitto, broiled
2 slices American cheese, yes, the Kraft stuff!
mayo

Spread bread with mayo, layer on cheese, toms and procuitto.
Spray skillet with olive oil spray, grill sandwiches until cheese is melted.

Blue Cheese Cole Slaw

1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tablespoons celery seed
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 bag slaw mix
2 carrots, grated
1/2 cups chopped sweet onions
1 1/2 cups blue cheese, crumbed
Combine all ingredients in a very large bowl. Stir well to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.

The original recipe calls for bell peppers. You will soon find that I never use them, in anything! I'm allergic, thaks to a family trait. Feel free to add them if you want. I would add 1 thinly sliced and seeded.

1 comment: