Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Sunday!

I decided to go light and fresh for dinner tonight, with a twist on tomato pie. I gave it a little Bobby Flay twist with a "green oil" like he uses, and rare for me, no garlic. I did spluge and get yummy Dubliner Irish Cheddar to use.

1 store bought deep dish crust
5-6 medium vine ripened tomatoes
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 thin slices procuitto, baked until crisp and torn into small bits
1 hand full basil leaves
1 hand full parsley
2 one inch strips of lemon zest
4 tbsp olive oil ( I use extra Virgin,light taste)

Heat oven to 425. prick the bottom of the pie shell several times, or use dried beans to weight it down. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and fragrant.

Slice tomatoes, salt and pepper them and place on paper towels to drain (for as long as possible)

Brush crust with mustard fill crust with sliced tomatoes, layer in cheese and procuitto. Cover with one more layer of tomatoes.

Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly

Place herbs and lemon zest in a food processor. Stream in EVOO to make a very thin paste.

Drizzle herb oil over pie before cutting into wedges and serving.

1 comment: