Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Chicken Casserole (with lots of vegis)

On Thursday night, I didn't feel like cooking so takeout was the order of the day. I ended up with Chicken and Asparagus Lasagne, and it was heav and gloppy, tasting only of beschemel sauce. I decided I could do better! Don't worry about using the cream soups, this makes 8 servings, at least. I'm hoping even my non-vegi loving honey will like this!

1 can Cream of Asparagus soup
1 can Cream of Onion soup
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp poultry seasoning
3 tbsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper (lots of pepper)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
1/2 can artichoke hearts, sliced
3/4 lb asparagus chopped
1/2 box bow tie pasta ( I got the kind with added protein)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup extra sharp cheddar, finely grated

Preheat oven to 375. Boil water and cook pasta until very al dente( for bow tie this is about 9 minutes) Blend first 5 ingreds together in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Chopp chicken, celery, onion, artichoke and onion, dump into bowl. Stir well. Drain pasta well, add to bowl. Place in large casserole dish, cover with bread crumbs. Bake 20 minutes until bubbly. Top with cheese, bake 10 more minutes. Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment