Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Picatta, minus tons of fat and sodium

This is one of my classics, people ask for this! I love Chicken Picatta, I used to order it all the time, but it was always so This time I decided to add artichoke hearts, another favorite. Serves 4

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half
1 egg
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 cups panko
1 cup grated Parmesan

2 cups reduced fat, low sodium chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine (or use more broth)
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 shallot, sliced very thin and chopped
8 baby artichoke hearts chopped
2 tbsp capers, drained
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp dijon
zest of one lemon
fresh ground pepper

Trim and halve the chicken, place under parchment and pound out until almost totally flat. Whisk egg and mustard, mix panko and cheese. I put each mixture in a pie pan to make things simple. Dredge chicken in egg than panko, place oil in large hot skillet, followed by chicken. Cook on each side for 3 minutes. Chicken will be ready to flip when it releases cleanly. When chicken is finished, remove from the pan and keep warm. (I pop into a 100 degree oven)

Deglaze pan with wine, cook for 2 minutes, add broth. Wisk in mustard. Add garlic and shallots. Cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Add lemon juice, zest, capers and artichokes. Let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken breasts.

I served this with rice pilaf and zuchinni. Most of the time, I simply place it on a bed or orzo and spoon lots of sauce over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment