Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Inspired by my sweetheart, Bean with Bacon Soup

My boyfriend Doug told me he liked good old Campbell's Bean with Bacon Soup a lot. I said to myself, I can make it fresh and better, and I was right. I might tweek it next time and crisp up the bacon a little before adding it to the soup.

2 cups navy beans
water
6 slices uncooked bacon, diced
3 small carrots, minced
3 stalks celery, minced
1 onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
1 dash ground red pepper
4 cups vegi broth
4 cups water with 2 packets Goya Ham Stock
1 tsp red wine vinegar
7 drops liquid smoke
pepper

Soak beans overnight and discard water.

Place all ingredients EXCEPT wine vinegar, liquid smoke and pepper in a large kettle.

Simmer until beans are tender, around 3 hours.

Puree 2 cups of soup and return to pot.

Add wine vinegar and liquid smoke.

Mix well.

Taste; add pepper to taste.

I didn't add salt, since there is bacon, vegi stock and ham flavor


 

No comments:

Post a Comment