Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chili and Potatoes, can you ask for more?

I get to this point in September, and I am ready for fall! Certain meals, like chili, scream fall to me. One reason I like chili is its easy and simple to make your own. This time, I used leftover homemade tomato soup, but try this one over a hot baked potato, topped with cheddar cheese.


2 pounds ground beef (I use 93/7)
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 cup tomato juice
1/2 large onion, diced
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin

Mix everything together in a crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours.

Ladle over hot baked potatoes and top with lots of sharp Cheddar cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment