Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

mmmmm, SPICY faux Pho

As anyone who knows me well knows, I am not a fan of fish. At ALL! When I found this recipe, I decided to give it a shot. A veg? Replace the chicken broth and chicken with veg broth and firm tofu. If you don't like extra spicy, halve the red curry paste and Sriracha! Trust me, this is SPICY!

3 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2  cups shredded chicken breast (I got a rotisserie one from the grocery)
1/2 cup grated carrot (I got pre-cut carrots)
1/2 cup thinly slice snow peas
2 tsp Sriracha (hot Vietnamese Chili Sauce)
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
2 inch piece of ginger, peeled

3 oz uncooked wide rice sticks (or vermacelli if you can't find rice sticks)

1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions

Bring forst 9 ingredients to a boil in a large soup pot.  Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add rice sticks; cook 3 minutes. Drain.

To serve: Place 1/4 of the noodles in each bowl. Discard ginger from soup and add lime juice, stir. Divide broth and vegis into the four bowls, top with herbs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment