Polly's Blog

Thank you for taking the time to come find my blog. Many people were asking me for recipes on Facebook, so this page was born. Please enjoy! If you have any suggestions for recipes to try or any comments about the food please either leave a comment here or email me at cucinapaulina@gmail.com. Mangia!

Friday, October 14, 2011

GrandmaPolly's Vegi Soup

This is almost my  Grandmommy's recipe, I use beef broth rather than water. Either way its yummy! I usually make this when I'm feeling under the weather, like today.

1 lb ground beef (I use 93% fat free)
1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
1 medium white onion, diced
3 tbsp minced garlic
4 small Yukon Golds, diced small (actual dice size)
48 oz beef broth
1 large bag frozen mixed vegis
1 bag frozen soup mix vegis (usually has okra, limas, corn)
salt and pepper
olive oil

In a LARGE soup pot, heat oil. Add ground beef and break up. Let cook for about 5 minutes, add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes. Add all vegis. Add beef broth, stir and cover. Let cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember, potatoes really soak up the salt). Serve blazing hot with cornbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment